Paula Radell's Reviews > Her Submission

Her Submission by Lisa Renee Jones

bookshelves: very-favorite-authors, favorites

Every time I open a new book by Lisa Renee Jones, I know three things will happen:
1. I will devour it in one sitting because nothing is worth the wait to see how it ends.
2. It will consume me from start to finish and leave me wanting more.
3. I will fall head over heels in love with the hero and declare him the “best one ever” – until the next book comes along.
It’s just happened again with Her Submission, book two of the Dirtier Duet and the suspenseful conclusion to Gabe and Abbie’s story. It sizzles with sexual chemistry and emotional suspense. It’s hot, it’s heavy, it’s compelling and ultimately explosive. I loved every minute of it.

To be honest, I loved Gabe Maxwell even before His Demand brought him into the limelight. Enigmatic, intricately layered, deeply damaged, intensely passionate and protective, Gabe is charming and sexy one minute, intense and demanding the next. Brilliant, confident and intelligent, he uses his sense of humor – and lots and lots of casual sex – to shield himself from the pain of a past filled with lies, betrayal, and losses. That is until he meets Abbie – the one woman who convinces him that the risk of losing is worth whatever it takes to win against bitter enemies – past and present – fiercely determined to take them down.

As always, Lisa keeps the reader on edge from beginning to end, weaving a web of doubts and suspense that make you question everything you think you know about Abbie and Gabe, and make you wonder what each may be capable of to save the other. Fortunately, they are surrounded and supported by an incredible cast of familiar, supporting characters – including Cat and Reese, Reid and Carrie, Grayson and Mia, and the fabulous Walker Security team. I don’t think I can ever get enough of these fantastic characters, and I hope I don’t have to try. I don’t know where Lisa will take them – and us – next, but I will definitely be along for the ride.

Be advised this is not a standalone. And although the Dirtier Duet may be read separately from the Dirty Rich series, go ahead and read them all, because after you finish His Demand and Her Submission, you’re guaranteed, like me, to want more. Much, much more. Until next time…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Submission.

April 21, 2019 – Started Reading