Kimberly Hicks's Reviews > The Perfect Wife

The Perfect Wife by Blake Pierce

bookshelves: read-on-kindle
Recommended to Kimberly by: ReadCheaply
Recommended for: Thrill Seekers

Jessie Hunt is studying to be a profiler, and although I found her character to be spot on when it came to assessing one’s personality and having a second sight into an individual, her skills failed her when it most counted.

So, you ask, what do I mean by that? It was obvious that Jessie is extremely intelligent, but she was blinded when it came to what was directly in front of her, and to me, that is one key element you must have in order to be a successful profiler. However, having said that, I absolutely loved this book. It was that good!

Jessie and Kyle, her husband, move from Los Angeles to a nice posh Westport Beach mansion. The Hunts had arrived! Everything appeared to be perfect in this suburb from the neighbors, to the community and people in general. Was is possible to live in a place where everyone knew your name and spoke when walking by? Jessie’s spidy senses began tingling because the neighborhood was too perfect. Almost Stepford Wives’ perfect! But, this was a new beginning for Kyle and her, so she pushed those feelings aside, somewhat.

Kyle was so eager to impress his neighbors that he decided they’d join the Yacht Club, but this wasn’t your ordinary run-of-the-mill club. Oooh no! Club Deseo was about private membership of the anything-goes variety. Jessie certainly wasn’t on board about this club, but Kyle wanted it, so she went along to get along. And that, readers, is where this story really begins to heat up. What was nice, is that you really get two stories in one. While Jessie navigates her new living situation, she’s still in school studying to be a profiler, and, as luck would have it, she gets to interview a famous serial killer for her practicum. But, Jessie soon finds out that dealing with this killer’s mastermind will prove to be challenging for the would-be profiler.

This was such a good book! I was surprised how good this booked turned out. I didn’t read the reviews before I selected it, and just added it to my to-read shelf, and decided I’d give it a shot. Wow, this was truly a sleeper! Who knew. Enjoy readers, I know I did! I can’t wait to get back into the series and catch up with Jessie and see how she’s fairing. Happy Reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Wife.

April 22, 2019 – Started Reading