Meagan's Reviews > 365 Days of Happiness: Because Happiness Is a Piece of Cake!

365 Days of Happiness by Jacqueline Pirtle

I was fortunate enough to receive a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

With 365 short daily readings, 365 Days of Happiness will inspire you to be more grateful and more positive. It offers daily tips, inspirations, and conversations to live your happiest life possible. Each day is no more than two pages long, so even the busiest person has time to gain insight from the book.

Let me just start off by saying if you're a negative, pessimistic person, you're probably going to roll your eyes a lot in the beginning. I was at a low point when I started to read it, and I caught myself thinking, "You gotta be kidding me. Happiness is a piece of cake? Try telling that to people who suffer."

However, if you push through the first week's worth of pages, your energy will shift and you'll really start to see the benefits of practicing daily positivity. Your mood will become more stabilized, and when you start to shift into a negative headspace, you'll be able to recognize it and steer yourself back to gratitude. Positivity is almost like a muscle, where it needs to be practiced consistently!

What I love most about the book is Jacqueline Pirtle recognizes that all human emotions (including sadness, jealousy, anger, etc) are vital to our wellbeing. She just recommends to acknowledge them and feel their presence but to not grow roots in the negativity. It's all about maintaining the "high for life" frequency.

I'm definitely going to recommend this book on my mental health and personal growth blog, OkayNowBreathe.com!

Thanks again to Kelsey and Jacqueline Pirtle for sending this eye-opening book my way!

Meagan | okaynowbreathe.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 365 Days of Happiness.

April 21, 2019 – Started Reading