Danielle Gypsy Soul's Reviews > Give Up the Ghost

Give Up the Ghost by Jenn Burke

bookshelves: fantasy, glbt, m-m, ghosts, paranormal, mystery, netgalley-or-author-arcs, 2019-recommend-sh

4.5 Stars.

I enjoyed this one even more than the first book. Give Up the Ghost is not a stand alone and the first book should be read first as the second book references a lot of the things that happen in the first book.

Wes is an interesting character that I didn't love in the first book or really even the first half of the second book. He can be selfish and throw tantrums occasionally and of course the fact that he is hiding the changes he's been experiencing since the climax of the last book. However, Wes is aware of his faults and knows he should come clean with Hudson and the rest of his friends. He also experiences quite a bit of growth in this book and by the end I really liked him.

I also really liked Hudson and the chemistry between the two of them. The two of them are slowly rebuilding a relationship and they both have some insecurities. I definitely felt invested in the relationship between the two of them. I also really like the secondary characters in the book.

The plot of this book was also really interesting and although I had a pretty good idea of what was going on there were a few twists and turns along the way. The characters, mystery and romance are compelling and I can't wait to see what happens next.

A copy of this book was provided to me by Netgalley and the publisher with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book and my comments here are my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Give Up the Ghost.

April 21, 2019 – Shelved