Tracy Wood's Reviews > Mind Kind: Your Child's Mental Health

Mind Kind by Joanna North

F 50x66

bookshelves: netgalley, 2019

This is a sensible, well written book which doesn't talk down to the reader even when the advice seems a little obvious. Bringing up children doesn't end at any particular age, nor does it get any easier as time goes on. In fact it is more likely to involve spouses and grandchildren as well and the problems they need help with.

When we have a situation where our children are struggling or their behaviour is a cause for concern it is easy to ignore the obvious or lack the confidence to help. This book gives you a heads up as to how to recognize the best way to not only empathise but also promote better behaviour or understanding of the situation they find themselves in.

I felt the author had a real grasp of what type of help and encouragement the harried parents drawn to this book might require and it is one I will definitely keep at hand in the future.

I was able to read an advanced copy of this book thanks to NetGalley  and the publishers and would recommend it to anyone who needs a little help now and again with this parenting lark.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Kind.

April 21, 2019 – Started Reading