Ritu Bhathal's Reviews > Miss Cecily's Recipes for Exceptional Ladies: A Novel

Miss Cecily's Recipes for Exceptional Ladies by Vicky Zimmerman

A delightful read which was heightened by the fact that one of the key characters, Cecily Finn was actually based on a real person!

The story follows Kate Parker, a woman in her late 30's who is in a so so relationship, and a so so job, leading a so so life... until her partner realises he's not quite ready for commitment.

This pushes Kate to try a few different things, including moving back in with her mother and volunteering at an old people's home, where she meets Cecily, a bit of a battleaxe, but one with some amazing stories and advice wrapped up in a cookery book.

Through this novel, we learn about Cecily's life before the home, and how her various experiences help to guide Kate, in a rather roundabout way, to a happier, fulfilled life.

I must admit that my mouth watered several times whilst reading this food-fuelled story of friendship!

Many thanks to NetGalley and Bonnier Zaffre for an ARC, in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Cecily's Recipes for Exceptional Ladies.

April 21, 2019 – Started Reading