Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Save Me

Save Me by Andi Jaxon

bookshelves: arcs

This book was so intense and emotional. The characters were amazing, and I just adored Sophie!

Recently, I read my first Andi Jaxon novel and loved it. So much so that I will be adding some of her books to my summer reading list. With the exception of holiday romance, summer reading is my favorite time of the year. It's the one time I promise myself to knock off books from my TBR, and read for pure pleasure. Not that I don't do that already, but being a blogger/reviewer, I read many ARCs. Oh, please don't misunderstand because I love to read for authors however, I like to just kick back and read my own selections too. Hence, one reason why I look forward to the summer.

That said.....This was my first collaboration read from Andi Jaxon and AJ Alexander. I know, right? Where have I been hiding? Under a rock, apparently. Nevertheless, I am so happy I read this book. Now I can't wait to read an exclusive AJ Alexander novel.

This book was, for me, a darker read than I am used to. I'll be honest, I avoid books with heavy physical abuse. (*please note, if you read the blurb that you already know that the majority of physical abuse is talked about but not actually on the pages) It breaks my heart too much. But this book came across my blog and after reading the blurb, I just knew I had to read it. Both authors did a great job at weaving this story, making it believable and giving us a well-deserved happy ending. Yes, karma is a queen not to be messed with!

I'm not going to give away any details. Not even the smallest hints. This is a book that you need to go into without too many spoilers so you can appreciate everything good that happens. It will only make the ending so much sweeter. I will tell you that the secondary characters (well not all of them) were charming and and added not only depth, but some humor to a story that is angsty and intense.

I recommend this fast-paced read. As I mentioned earlier in my review, I am looking forward to reading more from both of these authors, exclusively and collaboratively.

This is my honest and unbiased opinion. Thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Save Me.

April 20, 2019 – Shelved
April 20, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 27, 2019 – Started Reading
April 27, 2019 – Shelved as: arcs
April 27, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Patrice (new)

Patrice Fantastic review Christine!