Marcie Robinson's Reviews > The Giving Heart

The Giving Heart by Toni Blake

Welcome back to Summer Island in “The Giving Heart” by Toni Blake.
It’s winter on the island and Lila Sloan is staying at Summerbrook Inn while her sister Meg (“The One Who Stays”) takes a trip to the mainland.

Lila believes she hasn’t been the best sister to Meg and when Beck Grainger’s land development threatens the Inn, Lila will do what needs to be done to protect the family legacy. She doesn’t count on an attraction to this handsome man with kind eyes.
Beck moved to the island needing peace and solitude. Facing regrets over his relationship with his father, Beck also has to deal with an angry Lila. But Lila awakens something deep within him that no one else has.

In “The Giving Heart” we learn the importance of self-care and to not be too hard on ourselves for things we’ve done—or haven’t done—in the past.

Ms. Blake creates a sense of community with the residents of Summer Island and makes this reader wish a place like this existed.
I’ll admit I didn’t want this book to end, even when I needed to know what was going to happen with Beck, Lila, and the rest of the islanders.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Giving Heart.

April 20, 2019 – Shelved