Tucker's Reviews > The Storm Runner

The Storm Runner by J.C. Cervantes

it was ok
bookshelves: owned-physical, review-copy-physical, mytholgy, fantasy, books, reviewed

Many thanks to Disney Hyperion for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

That was very disappointing. I feel really bad to bash this book considering the fact the Disney Press is so generous to me. That said, I am legally required to provide an honest review. I cannot, honestly, say that I enjoyed this book. I loved the aspect of Mayan mythology but I slowly realized that it was just not well done. It honestly felt exactly like Percy Jackson but with Mayan Gods. It didn't feel creative or fun. Half the time, I didn't know what was going on and the other half, I was just getting mad at the overuse of so many cliches. Better luck next time, Rick Riordian.

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest |

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Storm Runner.

April 20, 2019 – Started Reading
April 21, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy
April 23, 2019 –
25.0% "well, sh*t"
April 23, 2019 –
50.0% "booorrrrrrreeeddddd..... I have no clue what going onnnnnnnnnn"
April 23, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 24, 2019 – Shelved as: books
May 27, 2019 – Shelved as: review-copy-physical
July 21, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

aarifa im reading this right now and totally agree. its like percy jackson all over but different characters and gods.
im afraid im going to have to mark it as DNF. im still trying to finish it lol.

Tucker aarifa wrote: "im reading this right now and totally agree. its like percy jackson all over but different characters and gods.
im afraid im going to have to mark it as DNF. im still trying to finish it lol."

Yeah, it wasn't enjoyable