Gmr's Reviews > Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key

Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key by Alex Hiam

Silent is just as her name states...silent. It's not that she doesn't speak, she just doesn't waste her words, and much prefers living in the side door world as opposed to the front door. Silent learned of this world from her Auntie Generous and happily lived with her, exploring this and that world, while expanding her knowledge base and skills beyond what you or I would know. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the breaking of a few rules is nothing when faced with the greater tragedy that could unfold. I mean, maintaining control of the gateway is essential, discovering the whereabouts of Auntie Gen (if she's still alive!) is a must, and not being whisked away by a secretive government organization for further observation is certainly a priority.

SO MUCH going on, and we've barely touched the tip of the iceberg because there's also lessons on friendship, trust, meddling, and confidence that are well worth carrying off the page with you upon your reemergence into reality. I loved the characters, both lead and supporting...the magic because hello....MAGIC...and that birdcage was so neat! I loved the adventure, the unexpected surprises, the jumps into and out of history, and even the possibility that that was even possible!

In summary, this was such an unexpectedly good read! So curious, and strange, and unique, and just the perfect way to escape for a bit of afternoon reading with the promise of more to come...well, it does list as the first of a new series, but when we'll see the second book is still a mystery worth waiting for, and I for one WILL be waiting!

**eARC received for review; opinions are my own
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key.

April 19, 2019 – Started Reading
April 19, 2019 – Shelved
April 19, 2019 –
page 136
100.0% "This was such an unexpectedly good read! So curious, and strange, and unique, and just the perfect way to escape for a bit of afternoon reading with the promise of more to come!"
April 19, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Hiam Thanks for an insightful and beautifully written review! And there definitely is a sequel in the works. I hope to have it out this fall. My suspense is all about book three. I haven’t got a plot for it. Yet ;-)

message 2: by Gmr (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gmr Alex wrote: "Thanks for an insightful and beautifully written review! And there definitely is a sequel in the works. I hope to have it out this fall. My suspense is all about book three. I haven’t got a plot fo..."
Sweet! Can't wait to read all about it! :)