jenjn79's Reviews > King of Spades

King of Spades by Cheyenne McCray

Jul 21, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: genre-romance-erotic, info-full, genre-romance-paranormal, reviewed, 2008, z2008-july-dec, stars-3
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Read in July, 2008

A good edition to the Wonderland series, but for me, not as hot as the first book. There's still lots of sex in this one, but it's not as adventurous as book #1. This one is a bit more character driven.

Like the first book, this one revolves around a D/S relationship between Alexi and Darronn. Which is not easy for the heroine, Alexi. She's a take charge woman who rebels at the idea of a man having control over her. So part of theme of the book is them finding a compromise between Darronn's need to be Master, and Alexi's need to have some control.

I liked the connection to the first book in that the heroines are sisters. Alice, the heroine of book #1, has been missing from San Francisco for a year and Alexi is determined to find her. Little does she guess where she'll finally find her sister. I do wish the reunion between the sisters hadn't been squished into little more than a page. That was disappointing.

Overall, a pretty good read, though I didn't like it as much as the first book. I liked how sexually adventurous the first book was and this one seemed almost tame in comparison.

Sexual themes: D/S, bondage, graphic sex...and some minor things like toys, body jewelry, a F/F scene NOT involving the heroine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King of Spades.

Collette I agree that this one wasn't as hot. I guess unless you are the high queen you don't get to have quite as much fun? lol
I still liked it though and am looking forward to the next installment as soon as I find it in the pile. :/