Anna Edwards's Reviews > The Day It Snowed Tortillas / El día que nevó tortilla

The Day It Snowed Tortillas / El día que nevó tortilla by Joe Hayes

bookshelves: wow-books

E-text: Folklore - This is such a good little book. The author uses a few Spanish speaking country folklores in his book that are a great educational resource. You could use this book for any of the grades, but I might stick with younger ones, like 3rd grade. This book is a very silly book that I think the 3rd graders would laugh at. The concept of raining tortillas is funny (and the book plays off of this too) and so this book was quite entertaining. This book was a wow book for me because I really enjoyed the simplicity yet the amusement this book contains. The author has a sense of humor that he writes into his book, which made this a wow book for me. The book was genuinely funny, which is hard for many authors to do. This book would be a great book for a teacher to read aloud to her students. The book is a light hearted book that doesn't take too much time to read. This would be a good morning book during morning meeting. I think you could also use this book as a reading workshop book. The book is easy enough for most of the students to be able to read independently and not need a ton of help, so I think reading this book for reading workshop would be a great use.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Day It Snowed Tortillas / El día que nevó tortilla.

Finished Reading