Lacey (Booklovers For Life)'s Reviews > The Bromance Book Club

The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams

3.5-4 stars! You have NO IDEA how excited I was for this book. A group of baseball players getting together to read and talk about romance books? How perfect. There were scenes from the guys that had me genuinely laughing out loud and I did enjoy Gavin and Thea's second chance romance. They were funny, down to earth, and both had issues to work through in order to get their second HEA. The only issue for me was that parts of the story were too meta – the book club constantly referred back to the romance genre and while this might be great for new romance readers, it took me out of the story a few times. Other than that, I loved Lyssa Kay Adams’ writing and am PRAYING we get a book for Liv and Mack. I can't wait to read more from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bromance Book Club.

April 19, 2019 – Shelved
June 7, 2019 – Shelved as: review-copy
July 5, 2019 – Started Reading
July 12, 2019 – Finished Reading
July 13, 2019 – Shelved as: made-me-laugh

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Lisa (Remarkablylisa) i agree with your rating. I just found it super frustrating that it was always Gavin's fault and Thea would do anything and everything to not believe in Gavin. She just kept pushing him away up until 88% when Gavin SNAPS. I needed Thea to realize a marriage takes two to work and she's messing up just as much as him.

Lacey (Booklovers For Life) Lisa (Remarkablylisa) wrote: "i agree with your rating. I just found it super frustrating that it was always Gavin's fault and Thea would do anything and everything to not believe in Gavin. She just kept pushing him away up unt..."

Yes!! They were both at fault, and Thea just couldn't own up to it until towards the end

Lisa (Remarkablylisa) Tessa baileys book has a similar storyline and I feel like she did a better job at portraying a marriage breakdown. It was definitely very confusing to read both within the same week and back to back. It'll be interesting to see how people react once both books are out