Felicia Eddy's Reviews > Promise Me

Promise Me by Robin Bielman

Wow, Promise Me is a fantastic story for first time co-writers Robin Bielman and Samantha Beck. It has laugh out loud moments but also some heartache that affects both main characters, Vaughn and Kendall.

Kendall Hewitt is housesitting for her aunt - she is going through a transition in her life and the summer away is a good time for her to think about it is she really wants. She also has to take care of Snowflake a Pomeranian who thinks she is a big dog and when walking her that's when it happens. Kendall meets her summer next door neighbor Vaughn Shaughnessy - a model and even sexier than his picture hanging in Times Square. Vaughn is also persistent and really wants to get to know Kendall but she knows that can never happen. Her past will hurt him and his career and her heart.

Vaughn knows he needs to get to know his beautiful next-door neighbor - especially since she saved him from a certain death. The problem is that every time he turns around Kendall puts up another wall and he is not sure why. All Vaughn knows that he will do whatever it takes to show Kendall she is worth it - even if it is just for the summer.

I first have to say I am a huge Robin Bielman fan and that's what drew me into Promise Me initially and now I am loving Samantha Beck. Promise Me is a great story that has great dialog, characters, and storyline. I didn't find it cliche which can be typical when one of the characters is famous - I loved that Vaughn is just starting his career and has some great opportunities while Kendall is finding her way. The secondary characters are also fantastic - Kendall and her sisters I loved their backstory along with Vaughn and his roommates/best friends. I definitely think this is not the last time we will see a story by these great authors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promise Me.

April 14, 2019 – Started Reading