Kabir's Reviews > Down Two Paths

Down Two Paths by Taya DeVere

M 50x66

We've seen what's the behind the doors to the two parallel realities in the first book of the Borderline Series. Now, the author navigates us through the two dissimilar but equally challenging paths behind them. The author's flair for character building really comes through as we traverse the paths with her. Reading the unconventional family develop and interact with each other was a real pleasure. The dramatic moments in the story are never forced and happen as a logical progression of series of decisions made by the characters. Both realities are so engrossing that, at times one can forget about the other for instant only for the author to close the curtains, change the stage and ask the question, "What if it was like this, instead?"

As to the protagonist herself, she's definitely grown and seems to have developed a dark/ironic sense of humour as a defense mechanism. Both versions of her seem to have realised by the end that they need to make an effort to take control of their lives. I'm intrigued to see where they go from here.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down Two Paths.

April 19, 2019 – Started Reading