Stacey Broadbent's Reviews > Mr. May

Mr. May by Nicole S. Goodin

She’s gone and done it again! I thought for sure that Beckett was my favourite, but now I’m crushing on Jake, hard!

Jake is the cocky surfer who can have any girl he wants, well, almost. There’s a code that his surfer buddies live by – sisters are off limits. But when his arch rival’s sister comes back on tour with them, and she’s all grown up, he can’t help but notice her. Steering clear isn’t too hard though – because she’s not exactly welcoming towards him. Until, something happens that he can’t get out of his head. He needs an explanation, and she’s hell bent on keeping him in the dark.

It’s one of those will they, won’t they kinda stories, and it’s filled with sarcastic humour and witty comebacks. I love the easy going way of life they lead. The friendships forged over years of tours are pretty solid too, and it almost makes me yearn for that kind of life – laid back, stress free. I felt as though I was right there on the beach with them, and that’s not easy to do.

Once again, I’m blown away with how much I love these characters. I can’t wait to see what happens next month!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. May.

April 18, 2019 – Shelved