Monica's Reviews > The Da Da De Da Da Code

The Da Da De Da Da Code by Robert Rankin

Feb 16, 2012

it was ok
Read in February, 2012

I think you either have to love Monty Python type humour or be on drugs to truly appreciate Robert Rankin's books. Or both. If he had tightened up the story, I think I would've enjoyed it a lot more. I thought the ending was really good, but it was all the extraneous stuff in the middle that was difficult to slog through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Da Da De Da Da Code.

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa I take it you were fresh out of drugs when you read it? ;) In a pinch, brandy + a couple of cold medicine capsules will do too.

Monica Ah, you always have the right answers for everything. I'll have to remember that next time I try and read another one of his books. Can I sub in gin for the brandy?

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Sure, gin's good...as is vodka! If hubby drank all your stash, you can turn to rubbing alcohol; it has the word "alcohol" in it. ;P

Monica Since we've moved the stash into the basement it's out of sight out of mind. Or I can move to cooking wine like the rest of the winos here.

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Cooking with wine doesn't mean you have to drink it!

Monica But it certainly helps the cook. ;)

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa That's why hubby usually has a glass of wine while he's cooking, I guess. :)