Tari's Reviews > Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody

Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody by Barbara  Ross

bookshelves: 2019-spring-challenge

Jane is a new 55+ age sleuth and I really like her! She's a widow, misses her husband a lot but is strong and independent and doesn't feel like she absolutely needs a guy in her life--although it would be nice. Jane was known as a fixer of lives, or as a new gentleman friend (yes she actually helped her friend with online dating and ended up taking the man for herself lol) called her, a professional busybody. Her reputation was locally known, so it came as no surprise to her when a man named Paul who was in charge of a retirement community called on her to hire her for her services (hence, the professional in professional busybody). The residents acted like they were in high school with their lunch room cliques and gangs. Paul hoped that she could fix that by talking to people which was pretty much her superpower.

Jane didn't expect to have a murder occur during her stay at the retirement village, but she was determined to figure that one out, which wasn't easy in a place where nearly every person had secrets, including the employees. There was a good twist in the mystery and eventually when the killer clues started coming, I realized who it was. There were so many different characters that really the only ones I feel like we got to know were Jane, her new friend Harry and Jane's friend Det. Alavarez. I liked them all and hope that the guys will follow her into another book.

This book releases later in June. I received an advance reader paperback copy from the publisher, but my opinions are my own and have no bearing on receiving the free book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody.

April 18, 2019 – Shelved