Courtney Wyant's Reviews > The Moon Coin

The Moon Coin by Richard Due

Recommended for: People looking for a great Fantasy MG.

The cover for this book looks Middle Grade and that is the audience this book is trying to capture so with that the cover artist(s) did an excellent job. Although it isn't just drop dead gorgeous like romance novels try to get theirs to look like. This one captures the ideas of the story line. So ,yes, I really enjoy the cover on this book. I think it would even make a lovely shelf candy piece ;)

*Quick note to author: I, Courtney Elizabeth Wyant, give you full permission to throttle me for not getting this review up. I am so sorry about that and I wish that I could make it up to you. I made a promise I didn't keep and feel extremely guilty. So, Richard, I give you full permission to throttle me although I must say I love to live. ;)

This is one of the best fantasies I have read in a while. It is also one of the best Middle Grades I have ever read. This book really did draw me out of my normal comfort zone but it surprised me how much I really enjoyed it. I am very happy to have read the book and am even more happy to give it a good review.

My comfort zone consists of romances and that is about it. I usually stay in my boundries but I decided to put down my walls for this novel. This was an excellent way for me to keep putting my walls down. Though no romance I go to a different world that is so well written that I felt like I was there.

So Richards book is addicting and I will definatly be recommending to my lovely reading buddies at school who still read MG, which is surprisingly high. So this book was definatly one of the best MG I have read in a long while :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moon Coin.

February 12, 2012 – Started Reading