Katherine Meyer's Reviews > Maida's Little House

F 50x66
Feb 16, 2012

liked it
I own a copy

I enjoyed this second story in the "Maida" series, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first book, "Maida's Little Shop". Although the scenario was fun and every child's dream (getting to live in your own adorable house with all of your best friends, and have a pond, garden, tennis court, bicycle excursions, hiking, tree house etc, at your disposal, all funded by a wealthy benefactor), and although the characters were the same as in the first book, this book somehow lacked the charm of the first one. Each chapter seemed almost self-contained, and the sub-plot concerning the gypsies was not very compelling, despite the fact that it would seem to be rich with possibility. I do recall from reading these books years ago that "Maida's Little House" was my least favorite title in the series, and I am fairly certain that as I re-read the others, I will enjoy them more than I did this one. This one serves the purpose, though, of setting up the others, as far as introducing the Little House and environs.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maida's Little House.