Lesley 's Reviews > Deep Dark Secret

Deep Dark Secret by Sierra Dean

Feb 16, 2012

liked it
Read from May 19 to 28, 2012

I love this series and I loved the first two books. That being said, this one didn't quite do it for me. It took a lot of will power to get past the first quarter of the book. The action was lacking, the relationships between Secret and Desmond, and Secret and Lucas, were more aggravating than interesting (and I can get behind some twisted love triangles!). To be honest, the thing that brought me back into the story oddly enough was the Medieval Literature references (I am a nerd for Chaucer).

After I made it past the first third of the book, the action got good, the plot really took off, and I was pulled back in. I really liked the villain, he had a good creep factor to him and there was plenty of suspense before we find out what his story is which I like.

I'll continue the series because I do like the way Sierra Dean writes, and I do like some of the characters, but I'm anxious about the romance angle. I don't love the direction Secret's relationships with either of her men are going but I'll tune in for the next book to see if it moves in a better direction.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Dark Secret.