Becky Spratford's Reviews > Clyde Fans, Book 1

Clyde Fans, Book 1 by Seth

Three Words That Describe This Book: interesting frame, character centered, introspective

This is a methodical graphic novel that you are not reading for the plot, although there is one and it is interesting, but if you are a plot reader you will hate this book-- mostly because it is only part 1 of a story that is not done.

This is a story that is vey specific to its frame-- a fan store in Canada about now and the aging brother who is left living over the store and carrying the company's and family's story. We have 2 brothers and we meet one now-- at the end of it all and one in his younger years as a salesman.

But the "action is very limited." This is a book about people, family relationships, the choices we all make in life, and "selling. It is thought provoking read that in its storytelling and art begs the reader to stop and think about the story and their own life choices.

The art is in very muted tones, panels, with many that have no words, just scenes to take in.

I loved this book, but I realize it is not for everyone. You don't technically need a lot of time to read it, but you will want to go back and read it again when you are done. It is a book to spend time with.

Again, there is an open ending because the book isn't done yet.

Readalikes: SABRINA by Nick Drnaso which I reviewed and provided readalikes for here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Also, HERE by Richard McGuire which is one of my all time favorite graphic novels. I own a copy and have read it multiple times. Review: https://raforall.blogspot.com/2015/12...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clyde Fans, Book 1.

April 16, 2019 – Started Reading