tightrope.to.the.sun's Reviews > Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked

Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked by Christa Carmen

"Though the 'final girl' usually got out alive, she was stripped of so much by the time the credits rolled.”

While I don't usually end up enjoying short story collections that are exclusively written by one author, I found this one to be quite successful. The stories felt complete and while they shared some overall themes (sometimes the characters even slightly overlapped), they were all different enough that it didn't feel repetitive.

At no point during this reading experience was I scared/frightened/creeped out, BUT the stories were a lot of fun and played with a number of different horror tropes/elements. Some of my favorites included a Halloween version of 'A Christmas Carol,' a kidnapper who is striving to make his victim a drug addict, and a girl defending her home against human-esque creatures who feel no pain and are bent on death and destruction.

I would definitely recommend this one to anyone who enjoys horror fiction. 3.5 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked.

April 16, 2019 – Shelved