Katherine's Reviews > The Sewing Sisters' Society

The Sewing Sisters' Society by Ruth Logan Herne

Hattie Home for Healing could be another title of this anthology. Her cheer, patience, and portrayal of God's love helps three women find hope, healing, and love in South Dakota. I felt right at home with this strong but kind woman who listened to God's calling and welcomed strangers, including me as the reader, into her life.

Each story features a woman who faces a tough situation back in Pittsburgh; stories that I'm so thankful today that while I may face grief, I know there are options to stand on my own. I admire each woman's strength in this story as they learn about God's grace in their lives and opening their hearts to love.

The stories are well paced for novella length, with gradual healing in each. The love comes fast as you'd expect in a novella, but there is much to learn after that.

I'm looking forward to continuing to get to know Hattie and the citizens of Second Chance.

I received a copy of this story but was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are honestly my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sewing Sisters' Society.

April 13, 2019 – Started Reading