Dianne Santiago's Reviews > Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is yet another disappointing read that compounded to my list of I-thought-I-would-like-them-but-I-didn't novels. I mean it's been bugging my mind how a story that started out quite promising ended so bad? I was immediately hooked just reading the first few chapters. The story line was indeed engaging. I was fascinated by the unique characters, the feud between angels and chimaeras, and of course the forbidden love. This, however, didn't last. After the first half of the story, it somehow shifted into something cliche that I've encountered in so many novels nowadays (ressurection, reincarnation, or whatever they call it!) It explained Karou's and Akiva's INSTANT LOVE which I personally dislike. Karou was thrown out the picture for a big chunk of the story to give way to Madrigal's story. Anyway I do not want to further elaborate my reasons for I know there are people who very much liked it. I think it's okay but lacking on some aspects. It wasn't as great, refreshing, and touching as I expected it to be.