Seraphia's Reviews > Shrink Unwrapped

Shrink Unwrapped by Joel L. Schwartz

F 50x66

bookshelves: fiction, humor

Shrink Unwrapped Review
Shrink Unwrapped is a humorous story about a man who is pursuing the path of being a psychiatrist. But first thing first…he has to get past another psychiatrist first. You’d think that it can’t be that hard, right? He should know the ins and outs and what is acceptable in order to accomplish what it is that he aspires to do. Well, it seems that he is carrying quite a bit of baggage and getting off his chest will be both therapeutic and quite humorous.
Shrink Unwrapped is quite a humorous story as Jacob tells his story. I have to admit that I giggle quite a few times throughout this story, but one of my favorite moments happens near the beginning. I had a good laugh when Jacob has his dog, Anna, select his psychiatrist. My jaw dropped and I just fell out laughing at the entire scene because it was unexpected and too funny. I have to applaud the author for that because it caught me by surprise how the scene plays out. The things that the main character reveals from his life do an excellent job of keeping me engaged throughout the story.
There honestly isn’t anything that I don’t like about this book! This story is well thought out and executed! The author promises humor and you get quite a bit of it. The humor is perfectly balanced and I applaud the author for it.
I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. If you are looking for a fun, humorous story that shares the main character's experiences, life growing up and more then this is a good book to pick up. I truly enjoyed it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shrink Unwrapped.

April 14, 2019 – Started Reading