Olivia Holliday's Reviews > From the Corner of the Oval

From the Corner of the Oval by Beck Dorey-Stein

From the Corner of the Oval was not what I expected, but I still really enjoyed it! Beck Dorey-Stein was a stenographer during the Obama Administration. This means she traveled with the White House Staff around the world, wherever The President went and was in close proximity to him in the White House. I expected the book to share more details about White House relations, politics, etc. but the book shared more about Beck's personal life and her growth during this time.

I really loved learning more about all the different jobs that go into keeping the White House running, and the community of staffers it takes to make travel possible for POTUS. I found myself rooting for Dorey-Stein throughout this book as she shared her journey of personal growth and finding her calling.

In my opinion, Dorey-Stein's memoir was similar to that of a Sex in The City type novella. Sometimes scandalous, equal parts hilarious, a lighthearted page turning read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From the Corner of the Oval.

April 16, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read