KarenJo Custodio's Reviews > Holding Out

Holding Out by Serena Bell

4.25 Stars!

Holding Out is a delightfully sweet, steamy and swoony romance that made me smile, filled me with wonderful feels, and undeniably captured my heart.

Becca is done being a virgin. She wants to lose her V-card and sets her eyes on her sister’s ridiculously sexy friend, Griff. While reluctant at first, Griff can't seem to forget about Becca and soon finds himself unable to resist her request. They make a deal. One and done. But, is it? What happens when they realize they want more?

I love these types of stories. I think they’re funny, seductive, and wildly entertaining. When Serena Bell asked me to read and review this book, I obviously couldn’t resist! The premise for Holding Out sounded so much fun and I just knew I would really enjoy it. And, I definitely did and was simply enamored with Bell’s writing. With a heartfelt storyline, intriguing and lovable characters, deliciously irresistible romance, and so much heart, I easily fell in love with this book and could not stop reading.

Griff and Becca are both a bit protective with their hearts. They have a painful and sad past that makes them both very cautious when it comes to love. It was heartbreaking at times to read about their insecurities and fears, but it was also beautifully real and incredibly affecting. I enjoyed their character development and how they both supported, encouraged, and helped each other. Griff and Becca were a good fit. I loved seeing their relationship become something more and for them to finally realize that they deserve a HEA. I adored them as individuals and loved them even more together. The chemistry between them is sexy, intense, and hot, and I enjoyed every moment.

I really liked the supporting characters. I loved the amazing friendships and how they are all very supportive of each other. They are just so charming and I could just picture myself having dinner with them and playing Taboo. They’re just so awesome and adorable. I’m definitely interested in reading their own stories.

A wonderfully emotional and captivating romance, Holding Out by Serena Bell is truly a lovely read. It’s well-written, absolutely charming, incredibly touching, and so beautiful in many ways. Cannot wait to read more books by Bell and fall in love with her stories.

If you’re looking for a romance that’s adorably funny, steamy, and full of heart, then I HIGHLY recommend you add this book on your TBR.

I received an advance reader copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holding Out.

April 15, 2019 – Shelved