T.B. Cooper's Reviews > Daughters of the Lake

Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb

Give me this story 6 more times & 6 different ways!!! This was one I could definitely read again, and I wish there was more.

Present day meets 100+ years ago… I’ve read some of the reviews for this book that describe it as a ghost story, and, while yes, there is a ghostly element to it, I’d describe it as something a little different. Katie knows the woman, who washed ashore, but only from her dreams. The problem is, that that woman died over a century ago. Her death and Katie’s life is more connected and deeply mysterious than just a regular murder/suspense/ghost story. Gothic? Yes… mixed with some mythological elements, this story simply has everything.

I certainly don’t want to spoil the details, and I acknowledge the fact that I give 4 to 5-star reviews quite liberally, but… I’m just a sucker for a great read- especially those that I can complete in a single go. “Daughters of the Lake” was not only written in an easy to read style, but it was rich in details and imagery, mystery and legend, love and betrayal… Ms. Webb created a world based off of ancient tales and the way she did it, made me want more.

Even the dual timelines/time periods, written in 3rd person POV, was flawlessly executed- and I just can’t impress enough how much I genuinely feel that she (Ms. Webb) should just spend the rest of her writing career focusing on THIS legend, written in the SAME style, with characters JUST LIKE THESE.

Yeah… I loved it, that much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of the Lake.

Finished Reading