Miski Harris's Reviews > Into the Gray

Into the Gray by F.E. Feeley Jr.

Take a walk with me to a place where second chances happen, hope springs eternal and true love exists. If you do, you will find yourself in a mystical place F.E. Feeley calls “The Gray”
In this story you follow two men, each trying to move beyond his past into a life where he can once again feel whole and full of personal purpose.

Aaron has graduated college and instead of moving into a future full of promise he is rudderless, mopping floors and emptying trashcans after hours in the kind of office building where he should be productively engaged in pursuits more in keeping with his background and education. Instead he is hoping the routine of the mindless tasks will help him once again find himself. Instead he finds David, a successful and productive lawyer fresh on the threshold of divorce from his childhood sweetheart. A chance meeting becomes a one-night stand that becomes so much more because to quote the author: Sometimes the touch of a stranger, however forbidden, is just what we need when we enter the gray.”

Freddie Feeley has always been a favorite of mine since I first read When Heaven Strikes. He packs so much life into this short story you will find yourself reading sections over and over again. This is a powerful work that gripped me by the heart in the beginning and didn’t let me go till I lay breathless at the end. He paints a clear picture of these men as he methodically, with the skill of an engineer, melds their lives together in a way that will make even the greatest skeptic believe in the power of chance to make a difference. Don’t believe me? Take the walk then. Venture into the Gray. I dare you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Gray.

Finished Reading