Lauren's Reviews > Fate Fixed: An Erris Coven Novel

F 50x66
Feb 16, 2012

Recommended for: YA and adults
Read from February 15 to 16, 2012

I was given this book to review from R2R and loved it!

Fate fixed is a young adult paranormal romance and it stood out from many similar paranormal romances. It had a very fresh take on vampires and werewolves and that made it an enjoyable read. It was well written and easy to read. I read it in one sitting because I wanted to know what happens and where the story will take me. There were interesting twists and turns in the story and it was captivating. The love was a little fast but worked well with the story line..

Plot :

The opening took me to the dream where the main character, 17 years old Lexie, was dreaming about . The story starts with Lexie packing her things to move together with her family to Maine. It felt sad knowing she had to leave everything behind...Lexie's father died and her mother just married a Romanian guy along with three sons. No mention of thier mom though... and they have decided to bring the two families together and have a new and fresh start in Maine.

Lexie is not very happy,but realizes she needs to be there for her family after the tragedy she felt was her fault. She doesn't like her "new family"... There is something strange and weird about them, but Lexie tries to please her mother and sister and give them a chance. After they move to Maine, to little town called Erris( I'm from Maine). Lexie makes new friends quickly and settles right in her new school and home. But her older brother odd behavior towards her bothers her more and more.

Finally, Lexie meets Torin - a guy she has been dreaming about over a year. Lexie and Torin feel immediate and mysterious bond between each other, but unfortunately Lexies brothers are getting in the way.

There are several story lines in Fate Fixed and the author has done a very good job mixing the romance with the paranormal aspect. I had several surprises about how the story turned. I also enjoyed different point of views from Lexie, Torin and the wolf.

Characters
Lexie was a nice innocent girl, who really cares about her mom and sister. She blames herself for her father's death and tries to please them. She grows with the story and finds out what is who she wants and makes a clear decision after meeting Torin and his family . Torin was strong and protective from the moment he met Lexie. He was so considerate and caring.

Even though we didn't get much time with the father and youngest brother, the two older brothers, Alik and Maxim were different in acting towards Lexie. Maxim was all pushy and brooding, while Alik she bonded to quickly and she liked their easy relationship.

I was surprised by the ending, but that is a true sign of a great author(: Thank you for a mystical and fun read.

I would definitely recommend this book to young adults who want a good love story and paranormal aspect woven in.
Cannot wait for the sequel this fall!
Fate Fixed (The Erris Coven Series, #1) by Bonnie Erina Wheeler
Fate Fixed
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate Fixed.