Cori's Reviews > The Tower of Swallows

The Tower of Swallows by Andrzej Sapkowski

20906001

it was ok

I continue to be confused by this series. It's like having that moody coworker, and you never know which mood they'll be in when they show up in the morning. Will they be the life of the party, and you'll have the best shift ever? Will they show up grumpy and make you want to leave in ten minutes?

I never know if the next book I open will be full of adventures and delightfully horrifying creatures that Geralt and Ciri beat against all odds OR if we're going to have a dry, pointless installment that spends hundreds of pages analyzing a political system. Fortunately, or unfortunately, this book was somewhere in between.

The majority of the book followed Ciri with some cut scenes to Geralt. If you're looking for "main story line" material, this is that book. If you're looking for side quests with monsters and lore, this is not that book.

I'd rate this book an R for violence, swearing, and sexual references.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tower of Swallows.

April 13, 2019 – Started Reading
April 13, 2019 – Shelved
April 13, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 25, 2019 –
page 355
April 27, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Krakovsky I loved your review. The comparison to the moody coworker was great!

Cori Thanks, Joe!