Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Perfect Wife

The Perfect Wife by J.P. Delaney

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, arc, fantasy, netgalley, publisher, sci-fi, suspense

"I'm so happy you're finally here. That we're together again, at last."

Well, I wasn't expecting this. The synopsis is a little bit deceiving. Since I don't want to ruin the experience for anyone else, I'll hold off from divulging too much.

The Perfect Wife is a creepy novel. The mystery centers around a young mother, Abbie Cullen What really happened to her?

Abbi is an artist who's hired by a robotics company and here is where she meets the owner, Tim, a millionaire tech guide. She proceeds to marry him and they have a child together, Danny. Then, like waking up from a dream, Abbie opens her eyes and she can't remember much of what has happened to her life in the last five years. When she wakes up, the only face she recognizes is her husband's. Tim tells her she has been gone for five years. It will be up to Abbie to put the pieces of her life back together.

The Perfect Wife had a component of suspense combined with sci-fi. There is a lot of tech talk and AI information which is extremely intriguing to me. Our world is constantly morphing because of it. AI is everywhere and will only surround us more. Do I love AI? Absolutely. Some of the things related to technology in this book are probably already in the works by some crazy people. It wouldn't surprise. J.P. Delaney brings many good questions to the table and some of them are quite scary.

I did have some issues in regards to the ending. Specifically with what happens with Abbie.

(view spoiler)

Cliffhanger: No

3/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Ballantine Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Wife.

April 13, 2019 – Started Reading
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: publisher
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: sci-fi
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly  B I had an issue with the end of another of this author's as well! Hope your next is an amazing read!!

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "I had an issue with the end of another of this author's as well! Hope your next is an amazing read!!"

message 3: by Yun (new)

Yun Great review, Sheyla! This books sounds intriguing. I'm glad you enjoyed it, even though you didn't love the ending. :)

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! This books sounds intriguing. I'm glad you enjoyed it, even though you didn't love the ending. :)"

Thank you, Yun. I wished the ending was different.

Melanie Cesa Great review Sheyla! I liked the ending! LOL Totally threw me and it was different and unexpected. Can't wait for us to talk about it next time we get together. Miss you!

Sheyla ✎ Melanie wrote: "Great review Sheyla! I liked the ending! LOL Totally threw me and it was different and unexpected. Can't wait for us to talk about it next time we get together. Miss you!"
Miss you too, Melanie. Soon it will be October and we can be Shameless together :)
I didn't like the ending of the book. Made me mad.

message 7: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Excellent review, Sheyla! 💕

Sheyla ✎ Michelle wrote: "Excellent review, Sheyla! 💕"

Felicia The bad guy has to win occasionally! Fabulous review, Sheyla 💖

Sheyla ✎ Felicia wrote: "The bad guy has to win occasionally! Fabulous review, Sheyla 💖"
LOL, true. And sometimes I'm rooting for the bad guy. Ex: Joe from You

message 11: by Selena (new)

Selena Great review Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Selena wrote: "Great review Sheyla!"