Evie Braithwaite's Reviews > Everything I Know About Love

Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton

bookshelves: audiobook, non-fiction, library

I just love this woman.

Although I adored Dolly already from listening to her podcasts, I wasn’t sure whether I’d be able to connect with her. I’m just embarking on the journey into my twenties, I never went to boarding school and my love life isn’t exactly anything to write home about. However, this was such a heart-warming memoir so full of hope which had me both laughing out loud and tearing up.

Everything I Know About Love isn’t restricted to talk of romantic relationships. Rather, Dolly has navigated an ocean of relationships in her life; partners, friends and, most importantly, the relationship with herself. This is all intertwined with hilarious anecdotes of dreadful dates and drunken antics, but also with moments of profound melancholy.

Her chapters satirising the pretentious nature of the likes of hen dos and baby showers were hilarious. Her sarcastic narration of these pages via the audio book only made them even more amusing. Moreover, she hits the nail on the head when discussing feelings of loss and insecurity. Although I’m only starting my adventure into my twenties, I certainly resonate with her expression of having no idea where to start.

This is a beautiful love-letter to female friendship and the importance of self-love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything I Know About Love.

April 13, 2019 – Started Reading