Lerizza Mae (books&teacups)'s Reviews > Water's Wrath

Water's Wrath by Elise Kova

bookshelves: favorites, fantasy, young-adult, romance

If the last book broke my heart, this book healed it, broke it, then healed it again and again.

Though I was quite devastated of the ending of the last book and wanted to read this book to satisfy my craving, I had to take my time before starting this book. I was curious on how the author will continue the story; I was bracing myself for things to go downhill because of the last events of the last book so I had to take a short break before starting this.

I have to tell you that I am deeply invested in the story of Vhalla and Aldrik and I didn't know what will transpire between them and want the best for them. Vhalla and Aldrik was broken, fractured, disjointed - the relationship that they had nurtured was taken from them by a power-hungry man, The Emperor.

I was scared that they will be different, that they are broken beyond repair. But instead they did their best to heal and to pick up their pieces even without the other, and tried to fix their own lives. (view spoiler) And that made me love them more.

Although this book has no short of heartbreaking moments(view spoiler), it will still be one of my favorite books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water's Wrath.

April 12, 2019 – Started Reading
April 12, 2019 – Shelved
April 12, 2019 –
62.0% "Just get together already!!!"
April 12, 2019 –
72.0% "This is so heartbreaking."
April 13, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites