jessica's Reviews > White Hot Kiss

White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

if you know me, you know i love JLAs stories with nearly every fibre of my being but i was hesitant to pick this up, only because it just didnt really interest me. the only reason i did is because ‘storm and fury’ (a spin off) comes out soon, and it actually sounds really good. so here i am.

fortunately, this turned out better than i thought it would. as someone who is still slowly, but somewhat successfully, immersing themselves into the paranormal genre, gargoyles just seemed a bit much. but it actually isnt that cheesey. i just think that JLA has the power to write about anything and i will really enjoy it.

however, some points are marked off for the love triangle (or strong hint, thereof). im not really a fan and dont understand their purpose. usually i can tolerate them for the sake of reading because i favour one guy over the other, but it annoys me to no end when i end up liking both of the guys. all it does is make me resent the girl for stringing them both along, and thats exactly what i think is gonna happen with this story.

but still, this was entertaining and my interest is now piqued as to how the story is going to play out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Hot Kiss.

April 11, 2019 – Shelved
April 11, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
April 17, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by ✨ A ✨ (new)

✨ A ✨ I love JLA!! This series was addictive and I'm so glad they got new covers. The old ones were bad 😫 I read it like 4 years ago so I can't remember everything. I should probably give it a reread before storm and Fury comes out. Glad you liked it 💙

jessica omg. dont even get me started on her old covers. lol. but i totally agree that her stories are addictive! so happy youre a JLA fan, as well! :)

Roxanne I'm glad you liked this, as I've had it on my TBR for way too long! You've given me the incentive to get to it ASAP!!!

jessica woohoo!! cant wait to see what you think! happy reading!

message 5: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily I had similar thoughts when it came out. Just wait. Storm and Fury is like ten times better than The Dark Elements.

jessica yesss! im so excited! i have 'storm and fury' ready and waiting to be picked up at the library, so i cant wait!