Suzannah's Reviews > Song of Shadows

Song of Shadows by Sylvia Mercedes

bookshelves: fantasy, rating-pg-13

SO EXCITED YOU PEOPLE

This is an introductory short novel to a series I've been eagerly anticipating for a few years, and it didn't disappoint. Sylvia Mercedes delivers a fast-paced story with lively characters, fabulous worldbuilding, and an ending that will crush your heart in the best possible way. Word is that this story takes place twenty-five years before the main series, and I can't wait to see these characters when they're middle-aged and gruff!!!

But my absolutely most favourite thing about this story is the backdrop of faith, religion, saints, and heretics... You've got the heretic witches (Wrong but Wromantic) fighting the buttoned-up holy order (Right but Repulsive) and I just cannot WAIT to see where Sylvia takes this conflict over the course of the rest of the series. It's one of those conflicts where you like everyone a little bit but also hate them all a little bit and you just can't wait to see how it all shakes out and whether all these people you kind of like but not really can manage to figure out a way to do the right thing without slaughtering half the globe. OH THE SUSPENSE.

You can get this book for FREE right now at the author's website and I will be biting my nails for the rest of the series, which is coming later this year!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Song of Shadows.

April 10, 2019 – Shelved
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 12, 2019 – Started Reading
April 17, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy
April 17, 2019 – Shelved as: rating-pg-13
April 17, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Sylvia Mercedes Thank you so much for the enthusiastic review, Suzannah! Gave me a smile. :)

Suzannah Thanks for the awesome story!