Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)'s Reviews > Lock Every Door

Lock Every Door by Riley Sager

bookshelves: tbr-mystery-thriller

I highly enjoyed this book. This was my first Riley Sager book and I will be moving on to more. I have Final Girls on my TBR for this month. Looking forward to it!

“Every so often, life offers you a reset button. When it does, you need to press it as hard as you can.”

Jules has found her self crashing on her friends couch because of "the bad guy game" made by her boyfriend. After finding a life changing job in the classified sections - for an apartment live-in, Jules jumps as the opportunity.

The Bartholomew is a place for the rich and famous. A very discreet place full of beauty and lure. The gargoyles that stand on the outside of the building makes the apartment complex all the more stunning.

“Shouldn’t the wealthy, by virtue of their superior breeding, be less susceptible than people who have nothing, come from nothing, are nothing”

Once inside, Jules can not believe the opportunity that she has walked into. Such luxury and glamour. And to her surprise, her favorite author lives in the same building but after trying to speak with Greta, Greta was short and did not want to be bothered with a "live-in"

Jules was offered the amount of $12,000 for 3 months, paid out $1,000 a week just to live there. How could something so wonderful be so great?? Well sometimes things are not always what they appear.

She soon meets up with Dylan and Ingrid, and they all appear to think something is wrong this place and when someone finds something, They always leave in the middle of the night. The fastest way to leave is when no one is watching or are they??

When people go missing and Jules starts her search for them, the loss of her sister many years ago push her not to give up on anyone else that has gone missing. She wants to find the true story behind what is going on at The Bartholomew. Oh and she find out more than she wants to know!

“I take a deep breath, trying to collect my thoughts. But they’re an unruly, unreliable bunch. My skull feels like a snow globe recently shaken, swirling with important bits of information that have yet to land. And I can’t grasp”

Guys this book had all the feels I wanted. I loved this story so much. I am so happy I finally picked up this book. This book was dark and the story that unravels in this book is shocking. I did not see the last half of this book coming. That ending, was a big one.. I was holding my breath through most of the last half.

I highly recommend this book if you are looking for that feeling of creepy and dark vibes of the unknown and you just can not get enough of it. READ THIS BOOK!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock Every Door.

April 10, 2019 – Shelved
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
June 6, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-release
November 5, 2019 – Shelved as: tbr-mystery-thriller
January 11, 2020 – Started Reading (ebook Edition)
January 11, 2020 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
January 11, 2020 –
74.28% (ebook Edition)
January 16, 2020 –
page 320
83.99% (ebook Edition)
January 17, 2020 – Finished Reading (ebook Edition)