Karli's Reviews > Some Kind of Happiness

Some Kind of Happiness by Claire Legrand

32003976

bookshelves: favorites, owned

5/5 stars!

Claire Legrand? Disappointing me? Never!

This is definitely a new favorite for me! I loved this book from the first page to the last. I don't read a lot of MG anymore, but this is for sure how you do it.

I wish this book would have been out when I was younger, because I truly found myself in these pages. In Finely, in her family, and in the Everwood. The way mental health was talked about and shown in this story really connected to how I felt when I was a child, struggling, but not understanding. Besides that, the story was still fun and meaningful. I loved the journey Finely took with her relationship with the new family she has found and her parents.

Everything about this book was the good kind of heartbreaking with tons of magic sprinkled through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Kind of Happiness.

April 10, 2019 – Started Reading
April 10, 2019 – Shelved
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 10, 2019 –
page 48
12.83% "my heart is swelling and I can tell that I will once again be trash for Claire Legrand"
April 14, 2019 –
page 100
April 15, 2019 –
page 132
35.29% "i could've really used this book when i was younger but i'm glad i'm reading it now"
April 15, 2019 –
page 189
50.53% "Claire Legrand puts my panic attacks into words I cannot form and I love her for it. It's a sad subject, especially for such a young character, but even that is so validating."
April 15, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites