b.andherbooks's Reviews > The Rogue to Ruin

The Rogue to Ruin by Vivienne Lorret

bookshelves: avon, fake-engagement, enemies-to-lovers, historical, romance, arc, fainting-couch, library-journal

**Full review will be posted on Library Journal**

I received a free, finished copy in exchange for a fair review, these are just some quick thoughts:

Absolutely amazing banter abounds in this love story between an ice-queen matchmaker and the scruffy-looking, cravat-less former prize-fighter now gaming hell owner across the lane. Plus he has a one-eyed sassy cat!

I adored Reed so much, especially how despite being a big man with rough hands and scars from his past as a prize-fighter, he was the most gentle and slow and understanding of Ainsley's trepidation for becoming close to any man. So sweet and so delicious. I did want to punch him in the face when he decided to do that finally fight despite her protestations and just assumed she would stay home with their many children and give up her matchmaking agency. Like what? No way.

Also, the banter and chemistry is SO GOOD between these two but the secondary characters are pretty much infuriating. I was angry at Ainsley's sisters and their rich husbands for not helping more or realizing that the agency was doing so poorly. Um, hello, one of the sister's husbands couldn't hire a door man to keep Ainsley safe?! Also there is a slight mystery about the agency's benefactress and rich client that was okay, but felt like kind of a throw away?

That said, even if read for the banter, this was a nice series ender (I did not read the previous books).

Also a few CW hidden behind the spoiler, one having to do with the cat!

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rogue to Ruin.

April 10, 2019 – Shelved