Lee Anderson drunkonbookz 's Reviews > Grey Skies

Grey Skies by William   Becker

Going into this book all I knew was that the author was 18 year old William Becker and I was about to read a tale of a man who finds himself having to bury a dead nun.
With my ears piqued at the curiosity of this, I didn’t want to hold my hopes too high.
Well I was more than pleasantly surprised by this one!

At first the nun seems to hold no real bearing on the story. It’s raining so Roman Toguri can’t bury her so decides to throw her in the trunk of his car and head for home.
This is where life as Roman knows it changes. I really had my mind blown with truly entertaining hallucinations, daily experiences and struggles of Roman Toguri to the point where I was questioning which parts were real and what was in Roman’s head. Psychologically genius all round!
We never know if Roman actually is a good guy or bad but I was rooting for him all the way. No one deserves to be mind fucked that cruelly.
What reels you in is wanting to know about that damn nun and was bringing her home the source of such chaos to one’s life? It was always in the back of my mind and kept me going through Roman’s journey with eyes wide open.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grey Skies.

April 10, 2019 – Shelved
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 11, 2019 – Started Reading
April 12, 2019 –
page 100
43.86% "Darkness, the most human fear in existence."
April 13, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Pat (new)

Pat Interesting review, really interesting.