Maja Ingrid's Reviews > Age of Legend

Age of Legend by Michael J. Sullivan

22024209

bookshelves: fantasy, the-faves

4,5 stars

I. NEED. AGE. OF. DEATH. NOW!

- - -

No spoilers, just short rant, because that's what I do best.

Okay, so it's been some hours since i finished the book and I've been trying to, and failing, to gather my thoughts. It was a solid 4 through most of it, but the ending had me in pieces so bumped it up 0,5 stars and rounded up to a 5. It will likely remain at 5 because I'm still all over the place about it. It's not my favourite of the books, on the third place actually but it still deserves to remain with the other 5 star-rated ones (Myth and War).

The book starts where Age of War ended and you all know had that ended and it tore up old wounds and I was hurting A LOT. there's also bit of time jumps. Though it was handled in a good way I still wasn't too fond of it, mostly because I don't like time jumps.

Plot is solid and I love the characters and the world Michael has created here. Suri will forever remain my fave, I adore her so, so much (also Suri and Auri from KKC would be the best friends and nothing can convince me otherwise). I also adore Brin, Roan and Gifford a lot. Then, HUGE cliffhanger. I don't deal with cliffhangers well and this one still has me seething every time I think about the stuff we got left on. Did I know it would end with a cliffhanger? YES! Michael even put a warning in the Author's Note. I WAS STILL NOT PREPARED. But you have been warned. Big cliffhanger that will ruin you.

I took part in the Kickstarter. Official release date is July 7th.

There will be Kickstarters for Age of Death and Empyre too! If you want to take part in those Michael is good at keeping updates on his website/newsletter as well as here on GR :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Age of Legend.

April 10, 2019 – Started Reading
April 10, 2019 – Shelved
April 10, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "Woke up this morning with this waiting in my email inbox. Gonna start it tonight SO EXCITED EEEEEH!!!!!"
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: the-faves
April 14, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Great review, Maja! I can't wait to get my tbr mountain down a bit so that I can continue with this series! 🙂

Maja Ingrid Thanks Michael! It's been three months and I'm still not okay. Hope you get to it soon!