Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > How to Walk Away

How to Walk Away by Katherine Center

bookshelves: 2019, bittersweet, romance

“Dying is easy. It’s not dying that’s hard.”

How terrifying it has to be to have your worse fears come to life! This is exactly what happened to Margaret Jacobsen.

Margaret, a young woman, has everything to live for. She loves her boyfriend, Chip and she's about to start an amazing job. Anybody who knows Margaret knows she's driven. Then, a horrible event will destroy all her dreams and aspirations. Maggie will have to ask herself, is life worth living?

I read The Things You Save In A Fire, my first book by Katherine Center and I absolutely loved it. It was a 5 star for me. I couldn't believe this was my first book by this author and I immediately had to download this one.

There are so many things I loved about How to Walk Away. There's the banter, Maggie's sister Kitty, who's by the way, my favorite secondary character. And then, there's Ian. Oh Ian, so many things I loved about you. From your Sottish brogue to your amazing connection with Maggie.

Katherine Center has a knack for making up characters that I wish I could meet. I wish I could've helped Maggie. My emotions were all over the place. I didn't want for her to give up but I also understood how losing it all can devastate someone. It's so hard to start over! Maggie had more than enough reasons to not want to.

“I wasn’t a person who failed things.
I was a person who aced things.”

My one complaint will be the scene closer to the end. It was too cookie cutter for me. Too over the top if you know what I mean.

How to Walk Away had a winning combination. Realistic characters and dialogue. I can't wait to see what Katherine Center delivers next.

“When you don’t know what to do for yourself, do something for somebody else”

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Walk Away.

April 9, 2019 – Started Reading
April 9, 2019 – Shelved
April 9, 2019 – Finished Reading
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: bittersweet
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

❤️ Paulette "Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙"

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: ""Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙""

Thank you, Paulette.

❤️ Paulette Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: ""Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙""

Thank you, Paulette."

Always Pleasure L💕ve ツ😘

message 4: by Jess☺️ (new)

Jess☺️ Brilliant review Sheyla!!🌸

Sheyla ✎ Jess☺️ wrote: "Brilliant review Sheyla!!🌸"
Thank you, Jess!

message 6: by Yun (new)

Yun This book sounds beautiful, and I love book with realistic characters. Glad you liked it, Sheyla! Great review! :)

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "This book sounds beautiful, and I love book with realistic characters. Glad you liked it, Sheyla! Great review! :)"
I love Things You Save in a Fire and as soon as I finished it, I had to read another book by this author.

message 8: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly  B Amazing review Sheyla. I love this author!

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Amazing review Sheyla. I love this author!"
Thank you, Holly!