Dianne's Reviews > Holding Out

Holding Out by Serena Bell

bookshelves: 05-read, arc-read, author-review, contemporary-romance, own

Becca was holding out for that special man who deserved to take what she saw as her most valuable possession, but he hasn’t come along yet, and she isn’t getting any younger or happier about her situation. Why not turn to the man who wants no commitment, wants a one and one relationship and has the experience to make losing her virginity one to remember with passion forever? It doesn’t hurt that Griff is handsome and charming, either. Too bad he is her brother-in-law’s best friend which puts him clearly in the off limits category.

Serena Bell’s HOLDING out has its moments of humor, pain and heat in spades. It also brings two very damaged people together in a very intimate way. Did they really think they could have a “one and done?” Would they discover it’s their personal demons and interfering friends and family that are a bigger threat to their cautious attraction?

I loved Griff’s development, Becca was a little too infatuated with her virginity and feelings of self-worth to really make me like her. And all of that interference from friends and family? A bit much, perhaps, as they are both adults, not children.

Seriously, it was a good read, topped off with some fun “sexy” times and amazing moments unrelated to losing the V Card that made this book for me. Serena Bell is an excellent creator of wonderful romances and this series is definitely worth the read. I guess this one just isn't one of my favorites.

I received a complimentary ARC edition from Serena Bell!

Series: Returning Home - Book 4
Publisher: Jelsba Media Group (May 21, 2019)
Publication Date: May 21, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Print Length: 303 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
For Reviews, Giveaways, Fabulous Book News, follow: http://tometender.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holding Out.

April 9, 2019 – Started Reading