E.A.'s Reviews > Me and Cinderella

Me and Cinderella by Kelly Mooney

Me and Cinderella (The Dirty Rooster #2) by Kelly Mooney was a pretty great read that will pull at those heart strings.

Not my first read from this author or in this series, but though this book is part of a series it reads as a standalone. So no worries if you haven't read the first book.

This book is a fun read thats both witty and bouncy, as well as emotional and heart melty. The only thing that I didn't quite like, is a common theme I see with these types of books. The male MC calling female MC, innocent and what not. It's a pet-peeve of mine, and I don't find it endearing or a complement to call a grown woman innocent. I don't want to get into it, cause I'll be here all day, but in the long run, you can make a character complex and multi layer without adding words like innocent, only to find out.."they aren't so." you know, sexy wise.

Other than that, I very much enjoyed this story. I loved how it wasn't just about the romance, and that Eli was there for his family. That added extra layer that made this story more than your normal mushy romance. It added a complexity to the overall plot and storyline. Eli was an outstanding character and he really stole the show. I honestly think that the author did an amazing job on Eli, and though I did like Remy, and she was also a great character, Eli just, glowed, and was a powerhouse.

Overall this story is a must read, and it gets my super high recommendation and my stamp go approval.

Happy Reading

-E.A. Walsh

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me and Cinderella.

April 9, 2019 – Started Reading