Peter Megyeri's Reviews > Tiamat's Wrath

Tiamat's Wrath by James S.A. Corey

bookshelves: 2019-laser-challenge

This is one of my favorite series' and it remains to be so. Can't wait for the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiamat's Wrath.

Quotes Peter Liked

James S.A. Corey
“Get me that inventory. Get it ready for rapid transfer once we find the ship.” “Or,” Jillian said, “get ready to fall into Jupiter and die because we’re way under orbital speed now and don’t have an engine.” “Or that,” Bobbie agreed, surprised at how much she wanted to push across the room and punch Jillian in the face.”

James S.A. Corey
“Primary mission is fucked, but secondary is a win.” “A moral victory, I guess,” Bobbie sighed. “You know who talks about moral victories?” Jillian asked as she floated out of the room. “The team that lost.”

James S.A. Corey
“Maybe it’s because he thinks your dad’s an asshole.” “My dad’s not an asshole. And Holden’s a killer. He doesn’t get to judge other people.” “Your dad’s kind of an asshole,” Timothy said, his expression philosophical, his voice matter-of-fact. “And he’s killed a lot more people than Holden ever did.”

James S.A. Corey
“Getting what you want fucks you up,”

James S.A. Corey
“The answer was no before,” Burnham said, then pointed toward Naomi with his chin. “Now that this one is on my deck, the answer’s go fuck yourself.”

James S.A. Corey
“Distributed responsibility is the problem. One person gives the order, another carries it out. One can say they didn’t pull the trigger, the other that they were just doing what they were told, and everyone lets themselves off the hook.”

James S.A. Corey
“Hope in one hand and shit in the other. See which one fills up first. Get to work.”

James S.A. Corey
“This was the problem with thousand-year Reichs. They came and they went like fireflies.”

James S.A. Corey
“I’m sorry,” Elvi said. “Wait. No. I’m actually not. Are you fucking crazy?”

James S.A. Corey
“I just had the most interesting conversation,” Fayez said. “I could say the same,” she said. “But mine’s classified, so why don’t you go first.”

James S.A. Corey
“It gets better, though. Right?” “Sometimes. Sometimes it’s just one shit sandwich after another.”

James S.A. Corey
“And what happened to Captain Burnham?” “Early retirement,” Emma said. “Cashed out and bought part of a medical clinic.” “Probably smarter than all of us put together.” “I’m leaning toward coward.”

James S.A. Corey
“Jillian Houston,” Alex said. “She’s a good kid. She’ll make a fine captain.” “I remember her father being an asshole.” “She’s also kind of an asshole.”

James S.A. Corey
“Dreams were fragile things to build with. Titanium and ceramic lasted longer.”

James S.A. Corey
“There was a woman I knew. Long time. She used to say you can’t judge anyone by what they say. You have to watch what they do.” “She said that.” “I recognize the irony.”

James S.A. Corey
“Are you sure you’re okay, Cap? You seem kind of fucked.”

April 9, 2019 – Started Reading