megs_bookrack's Reviews > The Deep

The Deep by Rivers Solomon

liked it
bookshelves: 2019-releases, fantasy-to-read, arcs-to-read

**3.5-stars**

What the heck did I just read?

This novella is so unique. The feeling.
Gah! I can't even describe it.

When I first finished this book, I was blown away but also didn't really understand what I had read. Overtime, the initial feeling of overwhelming joy has petered out.

In fact, I remember very little about this. Considering the fact that I completed it just 4-days ago, seems a bit of an issue to me.

It's too bad I didn't retain more because it is such a different reading experience and I believe, from what I understand, the creation of this novella was quite unique as well.

While I respect the beautiful nature of this story, the question remains, what was this? Whilst reading, I was overwhelmed with feelings that I was being told some wise and ancient lore, unfortunately I think the true meaning of it sailed well over my head.

I do appreciate the creation of this story and I would even read it again someday, it's just a hard one to grasp. Absolutely moving though, even if you don't fully understand why it is slowly ripping your heart out of your chest.

In short, I would need to read this again before I can provide more thoughts. Something I would most definitely be willing to do.

Thank you so much to the publisher, Saga Press, for sending me a copy to read and review. I truly appreciate the opportunity!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deep.

April 9, 2019 – Shelved
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-releases
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy-to-read
October 29, 2019 – Shelved as: arcs-to-read
November 13, 2019 – Started Reading
November 13, 2019 –
40.0% "This feels wise, ancient and dreamy...also, like it's going wayyyyyy over my head."
November 14, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

♥ Jasmine ♥ Great Review Megs!

megs_bookrack Moonlight Eclipse Reader ☽✧ wrote: "Great Review Megs!" Ha! Thank you! More thoughts once I read it! ;)

message 3: by Dita (new)

Dita I hope you love it, Hon!

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "I hope you love it, Hon!" Thank you, my friend! I am planning to start it soon. Only 172-pages will seem like a breeze ;)

message 5: by Dita (new)

Dita That's one sitting! Love those!

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Quick I keep seeing this one pop up on my feed. Sounds very interesting. Let me know what you think of it!

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "That's one sitting! Love those!" Right!? And they don't come along very often!

megs_bookrack Kelsey wrote: "I keep seeing this one pop up on my feed. Sounds very interesting. Let me know what you think of it!" I will! It sounds very promising!