Mara's Reviews > The Friend Zone

The Friend Zone by Sariah Wilson

bookshelves: netgalley

When I see a new book by Sariah Wilson I know it's going to have great dialogue between the characters, and a swoony yet clean romance with lots of sparks. Her latest didn't disappoint. It has great characters and dialogue and a sizzling romance between people that were trying so hard to stay "just friends".

I loved Logan!! He's had a tough life and his temper got him thrown out of his last college, which is how he ended up at Edwin O'Leary College, aka EOL. Which also stands for End of the Line as in last chance. Logan's holding onto his last chance with everything he has because getting his degree is so important to him. He doesn't care how many rules Coach has, he plans to keep every one of them. I loved that he didn't care if the other players were sneaking around doing things against the rules, he wasn't going to join them. I loved his nicknames for Ben, the guy Jess thinks she's into. My favorite was "Has Ben". 😂

I liked Jess. She had had a terrible thing happen during her freshman year but she didn't let it destroy her. I admire people (even fictional ones) that are great at math and Jess is. That's how she ends up spending so much time with Logan. Lucky girl. I loved her snarky comments about Danielle. My favorite "I despise her with the fiery, burning intensity of a thousand urinary tract infections." 😂

I really liked that Logan and Jess were friends for awhile before they admitted their feelings for one another and kissed, although it took so long I thought I might die from the anticipation, but it was totally worth the wait. I don't know where the author comes up with such great dialogue for her characters but I love it. I always start marking things I think are funny but have to stop because I'd mark half the book.

I almost forgot there's a cameo of Evan "Awesome" Dawson!! #Awestruck

As content goes there's kissing, some make-out scenes, talk of child neglect and abuse, mention of date rape drug and almost rape with no details.

Thank you Montlake Romance and NetGalley for my copy. All thoughts expressed in this review are mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Friend Zone.

April 8, 2019 – Shelved