Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Mastered By Her Mates

Mastered By Her Mates by Grace  Goodwin

Mastered by Her Mates is listed as book six in the Interstellar Brides Program by Grace Goodwin. It can be read as a stand-alone.

I grabbed this as a freebie and sometimes free books work and other times, well, they leave you wondering. This story felt like it was the first book in the series instead of the sixth. Why I say this is; because we are told near the beginning that Amanda is there first in the program for Interstellar Brides.

Mastered by Her Mates is a smoking hot read. Lots of smoke’n sex, but it was lacking in several areas.

To start Amanda Bryant is a spy. If an author is going to make their character a spy or be specific on what they do, then they need to make sure that character has aspects in that field. Amanda is not a spy. She is in words on the page, but she has no spy qualities or anything leading me to believe she is a spy other then the author talks about her job and why she is being sent into outer space.

Next, their is no relationship building. Non! We have lots and I do mean lots of smoke’n hot sex between our three characters M/F/M, but they lack the connection. Our males have been with each other for years, so they have that friend male bonding and concern, but when Amanda comes into the picture we don’t get any building on that relationship.

Then we have the world building. It’s not much. What we do learn about the aliens and this war is interesting.

Last, the plot and backstory weren’t done well. I felt they didn’t add anything to the story and the main issue is put on the back burner or background; until the end of the story where our couple needs to confront, complete, and/or clear it all up; before they can complete their bonding ceremony.

I’ve read Goodwin before and I have to say she’s just not doing it for me. The sex is hot and numerous, but I need more.

Unfortunately, Mastered by Her Mates was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

Rated: 2 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mastered By Her Mates.

April 8, 2019 – Started Reading
April 8, 2019 – Shelved
April 8, 2019 – Shelved as: freebie-online
April 8, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-for-the-love-of-ebooks
April 8, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle-own-library
April 8, 2019 –
78.0% "I don’t see any spy aspects to Amanda. She’s a spy, yet I just don’t believe it."
April 9, 2019 – Finished Reading
April 22, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-backlist-reading-challenge

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulously reviewed Angela!💖💋

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Fabulously reviewed Angela!💖💋"

Thank you!