Angel Hench's Reviews > The Twisted Ones

The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher

bookshelves: horror-supernatural-thriller, podcast-recommendations, saw-at-bn

HERE'S THE SUMMARY: Mouse (yes, Mouse, not an autocorrect error for once) heads to North Carolina to clean out the house of her vile, hoarding, paternal grandmother after her death. Some pretty weird happenings ensue.

HERE'S THE REVIEW: I found this to be a really FUN book. I enjoyed the quirks of the main character and her relationship with her hound and the other eccentric characters she encounters in her quest to clean her grandmother's house and find out the truth behind her (step) grandfather's demise. The creatures and lore she uncovers are... weird and interesting.

Do know this going in, this is not a very scary book at all. There are some disturbing elements - for me, any story with someone/something peeping in at me through my windows is going to up the creep factor. I also didn't realize this had some Lovecraftian elements that weren't handled "properly" (because I don't read Lovecraft), so that might irritate some. And the cell phone not working thing, and the manuscript of a manuscript thing...hmm, it might sound like I didn't like this at all.

But despite the flaws, I really enjoyed this! If you're looking for an entertaining, light bit of horror with an extremely likeable girl and her dog, you should check this out.

Click here to check out all my book things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twisted Ones.

April 8, 2019 – Shelved